Posted on: Thursday 20th August 2020
https://www.hotelalexandra.co.uk/ is the perfect wedding venue if you’re wanting a peaceful setting with a fabulous sea view. With various options for your ceremony ranging from the intimate watchtower to the beautiful chapel, it caters for all size weddings & provides a secluded setting in the heart of this stunning seaside town https://www.katiamarshphotography.co.uk/venue/alexandra-hotel-lyme-regis/
Posted on: Wednesday 4th March 2020
Great to be back at Powderham Castle last week for their annual wedding fair – if you haven’t chosen your venue yet go check it out, it’s truly fabulous! The rooms are magnificent as are the grounds with Belvedere, lake, deer, roses, woodland… & the staff are so professional & friendly. Definitely 5 stars in my book! Table dressed by Keeping It Vintage Wedding & Event Hire Flowers by Winsor Flower Studio, Ceremony room by The Devon Wedding & Event Company Ltd. https://www.katiamarshphotography.co.uk/
Posted on: Saturday 22nd February 2020
The wedding breakfast is such a big part of the wedding day & often the room & the table settings can play a big part in setting the festive scene. Some of the country house venues & hotels in the South West have beautiful dining rooms like these, but equally a well dressed marquee can look stunning!
For ideas check out http://brympton.house/ , https://www.dartington.org/our-venue/weddings/ , https://www.crowcombecourt.co.uk/ , https://maunselhouse.co.uk/, https://www.deerpark.co.uk/ , http://www.old-bridge.co.uk/ , https://www.quantocklakes.com/
Posted on: Tuesday 11th February 2020
Posted on: Saturday 8th February 2020
whatever the weather or time or year
Posted on: Wednesday 15th January 2020
It’s wedding fair season! So if you’re involved in planning one in 2020/21 why not come along to Crowcombe Court this Sunday? You can check out the great venue which is under new ownership & find my stall – I’ll be there with some beautiful new albums & time to chat.. https://www.katiamarshphotography.co.uk/ve…/crowcombe-court/
Posted on: Wednesday 8th January 2020
Don’t like having your photo taken, worried about it spoiling your wedding day?
You’d be amazed how many people feel uncomfortable in front of a camera & don’t look forward to having a photographer around on their big day.
But all this can be avoided! Choose the right photographer & you can relax, enjoy your day & love your photographs –
5 Tips on how to find a photographer who’ll make you feel relaxed on the day –
- Look for someone who works in a natural, less posed, ‘reportage’ style, checking their website for examples of real weddings to see how they cover all parts of the day & if the couples look relaxed
- Be sure to choose an experienced photographer, they’ll know how to put you at ease & keep it relaxed. Check how long they’ve been working & if they’ve covered a variety of situations.
- If possible meet a photographer before you book them. It’s important that you like their approach, that they listen to your hopes & fears & that you feel relaxed with them.
- Have an engagement shoot, many photographers include one in their package. This is a perfect way to confront your fears & quickly find they disappear! You’ll familiarize yourselves with the photographer & the process, get some great photos & see that having your photo taken can be stress free & even fun!
- On the day, let go! Trust your photographer, forget about the camera & enjoy every minute of your day, you’ll get great photos!
If you want to feel comfortable, enjoy your day & love your wedding photographs Get in Touch
Posted on: Monday 6th January 2020
Uncomfortable having your photo taken?
An engagement shoot can really help you get to know your photographer, be yourselves in front of the camera & get great photos on the big day.
Choose a photographer who offers a free engagement shoot & give it a go… I bet you enjoy it!
Getting married in 2020/21 Get in touch
Posted on: Sunday 29th December 2019
Planning a wedding? Needing some inspiration or hands-on advice.. come along to the lovely Castle Hotel in Taunton next Sunday http://www.the-castle-hotel.com/
for what promises to be an excellent wedding fair showcasing lots of quality suppliers, myself included of course!
Posted on: Wednesday 18th December 2019country house wedding venue in Somerset check out Dillington House near Ilminster
I love working there, it’s classic, romantic & stylish with beautiful rooms & stunning grounds – great for photography whatever the weather or time of year!
“Kind, patient & professional from start to finish & the result was just perfect!”